Delta’s involvement in electricity generation starts back in the early 1900’s with the development and operation of the Waipori Falls Dam, one of New Zealand’s first Hydro Power Stations.
Today, we are still providing design, construction, maintenance and fault repair services to most of the South Island based Generation companies. Some examples of what we do are:
- We are the provider of Tunnel and Technical Maintenance for Contact Energy for their Clutha Hydro Scheme.
- We are completing a long-term project for Meridian Energy at Manapouri which has delivered a significant upgrade to their local services and 110kV current transformers.
- We are a panel member for Meridian Energy to provide electrical services on their Waitaki Power Scheme.
- We have recently completed two projects for Pioneer Energy where we installed new 33kV and fibre cables at Fraser Dam and Matiri Valley Power Stations, as well as the construction of related substations at Matiri Valley.
- We provide a range of mechanical engineering and overhead line maintenance services to Trustpower for their Waipori Power Scheme.
- We are underway on a design and build project for Trustpower at Paerau, which will deliver a new fibre optic communication network.
- We have assisted on several generation machine strip downs and refurbishment projects.
We have a highly skilled team with broad ranging capability and experience. We can install and maintain power generation plants, overhead lines and substations, as well as provide high-voltage electrical services. We can also offer precision engineering for complex machinery, including maintaining and repairing generators and turbines.
It’s what we’ve been doing for more than a century, so if we can help with your generation needs, contact us today.